Creating a positive workplace begins with developing a strong set of effective employees
Below are some tips to help you retain your employees:
1. Select the right people in the first place through behavior-based testing and competency screening.
2. Offer a competitive benefits package.
3. Clarify and document expectations.
4. Make employees feel valued.
5. Create a work environment in which employees can freely speak their minds and share ideas and even criticism and complaints without fear of punishment.
6. Involve employees in decisions that affect their jobs and the overall direction of the company whenever possible.
7. Utilize your employees’ talents and skills to their fullest.
8. Provide fair and equal treatment of all employees.
9. Make available the necessary tools, training and time for each employee to excel at his or her job.
10. Offer frequent opportunities for employees to learn and grow in their careers, knowledge and skill.
11. Ensure that you know each employee—from your top sales rep to the janitor—by name.
12. Make your employees feel rewarded, recognized and appreciated. Say “thank you” frequently. Give monetary rewards, bonuses and gifts. Make raises, commissions and bonuses easily understandable and directly tied to accomplishments.
A final tip: Remember to assess your employee retention strategies at least once a year. You’ll want to stay current on market salary rates and benefits, and best practices in developing workplace culture and manager-employee relations. Doing so will help you keep staff morale high and turnover low while guaranteeing your organization’s success.
Join our team and you will love staying forever, call us now at (330) 252 9044.